Bowser Beach House is a great base for a family vacation. The house is on a large bay facing Hornby and Denman Islands and you can walk and walk in either direction. It is a large, private, peaceful beach, only for the few houses on the bay. We are a quick and easy drive to more beaches: Qualicum Beach is 15 minutes and Parksville is 20 minutes away, and there are beautiful provincial parks with lakes, beaches and picnic areas within a few minutes drive of the house. Horne Lake Provincial Park, with its amazing caves and outdoor recreation activities is only a 10 minute drive away. There are ocean kayaks for rent in Deep Bay, 5 minutes’ drive from the house.
The friendly village of Bowser is a 5 minute walk up the hill, and it has a fully stocked small supermarket with a wonderful on-site bakery, a grocery store, post office, coffee shop, gas station, hardware store, liquor store, a video/DVD rental, and even a library for that vacation reading. More shopping, country markets, organic eggs and meats, restaurants and pubs are just down the road.
Bowser Beach House is a wonderful base for a golfing vacation. There are several top class courses within a few minutes’ drive of the house.
From December to March, Bowser Beach House is a perfect base for a family ski vacation at Mount Washington ski resort, with skiing, snowboarding and cross-country. Skiers have an easy 35 minute drive to the mountain top, and non-skiers have a relaxing base close to lots of other activities.
* Bowser is within easy driving distance of five superb golf courses.
* Only 20 minutes to the world class spa at Tigh-na-mara.
* Take a day trip to Denman and Hornby Islands, just a few minutes away by ferry.
* Only 15 – 20 minutes to the beaches at Qualicum Beach and Parksville.
* The famous Fanny Bay oysters, Island scallops, and more fresh, locally-caught seafood are a few minutes away.
* The ancient trees of Cathedral Grove, the goats on the roof at Coombs, and the beautiful waterfalls at Englishman River and Little Qualicum Falls are a short drive away.
* You will be perfectly situated for day trips to the rugged West coast of the island for whale watching.
* Enjoy local ocean kayaking or local wildlife ocean tours.